It’s the question that anyone using alternative energy inevitably asks at some point…
What are the best batteries for an off-grid energy system?
Because of the falling prices of renewable energy systems, more and more people are looking to use alternative energy sources as a way to:
- Save money
- Become more energy independent
- And break their dependence on the big energy companies
However, installing a renewable energy system, in most cases, requires you to make a considerable initial investment that you won’t get back for several years.
One of the biggest expenses associated with alternative energy systems is the batteries in the battery bank.
So choosing the correct batteries for your off-grid system is crucial (and keeping the batteries alive as long as possible is also critically important)!
You Don’t Have To Buy New Overpriced Batteries
Before we tell you what 3 batteries we recommend for your alternative energy system’s battery bank…
It’s important to first note that you don’t have to buy the 3 batteries we recommend brand new.
Instead, you can use the EZ Battery Reconditioning program:
- Get old or used batteries for free (or dirt cheap)
- Recondition them back to “like-new” condition
- Then use those reconditioned (like-new) batteries in your alternative energy system’s battery bank INSTEAD of buying new overpriced batteries
Doing this will will save you a considerable amount of money when building a battery bank and it helps make alternative energy accessible to those with a tighter budget!
But that still leaves the questions…
What are the best batteries to use in your solar power, wind power, or other alternative energy system?
In this blog
Here’s what I will go over:
- Lead Acid-Batteries VS. Other Battery Technologies in a battery bank.
- Deep Cycle vs. Shallow Cycle Batteries in a battery bank.
- Flooded Lead-Acid Batteries (FLA) VS Sealed Lead-Acid Batteries (SLA) in a battery bank.
- And finally, which 3 Batteries we recommend for your residential off-grid energy system (based on the criteria I go over in this article).